Monday, September 30, 2019

A Daddy-Daughter Weekend Recap

Yep, we survived our weekend together.  I figured I'd be working in the garage for most of the day while Char sped past on her bike. But for the first time in months there wasn't a kid in our neighborhood for Char to play with. That was okay with me. I like to stay as far away as I can from 'tween drama. 

Most of my activity ideas went out the window. Charlotte didn't want to see a current movie without Daphne. The rain kept us from Adventureland, miniature golf, the zoo, and feeding the ducks. 


We did a lot of things I didn't take pictures of. It's hard to use your camera when someone is holding your hand or laying on top of you on the couch. 

We did make it to the Vintage and Made Fair in Adel. Char wears those Harry potter glasses everywhere. I cannot tell you why.


The double decker bus was there again. It's filled with vintage women's clothing. Here's Char playing between the two "dressing rooms"on the top level.


 We bought some presents.


I bought this can of Super Lube for my desk at school.


It's actually a radio.


Yes, we went to Goodwill. No, I did not buy the poop emoji pillow. Can you imagine putting your head on someone's used poop pillow?


I tried to be responsible. We did her math homework together, and I made sure she practiced the piano.


Different Goodwill. Different day. She thought putting Xmas lights in a bottle was very creative, but she didn't want to buy the "lamp." She just wanted to pose with it. (You can't see them, but she's wearing socks that match her shirt.)


One plan that came to fruition was a visit to the Operating Room arcade in Ankeny. I wouldn't have picked it out for her, but one of Char's favorite games is Super Bikes 3. 



We went shopping at HyVee, and I basically said yes to any snack that she asked for. We didn't go too wild, tho. We brought home peanuts, cheese balls, a bag of Munchos, and a regular bottle of Gatorade (not the G2 stuff Mom buys.) We also bought a box of Donettes. As a cereal, they look awful. I do think they'd be good in a snack mix.


Charlotte said, "That was the most satisfying shopping experience that I have ever had," while we were walking through the parking lot with our groceries.

Daphne got home on Sunday afternoon at 5:00. I think we all looked a little relived when her car pulled into the driveway. I asked Char how she would rate our weekend together, and she said, "I'd give it a 100 out of 5!" 

High praise, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment