Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The Best of Summer '19: Food Edition

Fall doesn't begin until September 23, but Daphne and I have decided what was the Best Thing That We Ate this summer.

This wasn't any easy choice. We consumed wild game burgers and brats in the Black Hills, bounced from one food stand to the other at the Fair, did the same at the Downtown Farmers' Market, and we also went to Tasty Tacos.

This also wasn't scientific. Our rating is based on taste, surprise, and comfort.

The winner came from the Flame food truck that was serving customers at the Polk City Farmers' Market.


Daphne took a picture of their menu while I saved us a table inside of Fenders.


We ordered the Traditional Steak Tacos, which were good. I liked radishes in the mix. Street tacos are a go-to when we try a new place/ truck.


I didn't think three tacos would make a dinner for two, so I requested the Special Steak and Cheese sandwich. Was it special? Was it ever.


The sandwich was a bit "wet', and you really couldn't hold it successfully, so we knife and forked it. After I shoving in a second, hasty bite, I mumbled, "Oh wow. This is really good." Daphne just chewed and nodded in agreement. The steak was well seasoned, the caramelized onions and peppers had just the right amount of bite, and the cheese was melted to a gooey perfection.

My only complaint after eating this sandwich was that we were full. I really wanted to run across the city square and order another.

So, what does the Blaze food truck win? Not much. Just a repeat customer filled with respect, appreciation, and sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment