Friday, September 27, 2019

A Daddy-Daughter Weekend

Daphne is driving down to St. Louis today to help Grandpa Andy and Grandma Maureen pack for their move to Des Moines. Daphne offered me a bachelor weekend of just taking care of our pets, but I didn't think Char would enjoy 11 hours in the car and filling cardboard boxes.

So, it's going to be a daddy-daughter weekend. I have a few plans for us. We'll have to see what the weather does. 


Charlotte colored this picture in church for me last year. She thought it was so funny to give me grey hair.

Actually, she gave me grey hair in real life, too. My first few daddy-daughter nights terrified me. I was only comfortable when she was in the car seat or in the crib. I don't feel that way anymore. Charlotte is fun to be with, she has good ideas, and she has a good heart. Still, it won't be as easy without Daphne around.

Yes, parenting is a lot of hard work... but you also get quite a view.

No comments:

Post a Comment