Friday, January 24, 2014

Thrift Store Show and Tell: Ear Worm Edition






The last time I was in Goodwill I walked by the record crates, and I noticed this Seals & Crofts LP in the front of one stack.


Although the album's cover registered with me, I walked by without a second glance. I was on the hunt for a new to me t-shirt. But then the title track, "Diamond Girl",  jumped out of the crate, ran down the isle, and leaped into my head.

Diamond girl... dum dum...
You sure do shine... dum dum...

That's all of the lyrics I could remember, and my mental soundtrack had those two lines set on "repeat". It was so frustrating. I couldn't even concentrate on the t-shirts I was paging through.

Diamond girl... dum dum...
You sure do shine... dum dum...   

Diamond girl... dum dum...
You sure do shine... dum dum...

Diamond girl... dum dum...
You sure do shine... dum dum...

Curse you both, Seals and Crofts! I had to abandon the shirts and go back to check the condition of that vinyl. It looked to be in good shape, so I walked out of the store with my billfold 79 cents lighter and my hand heavy with 70's mellow gold.

Check it out: link

No comments:

Post a Comment