Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Good House [arrest] keeping

Not only did the recent polar vortex cause school to be canceled for the past two days, it kept Charlotte from leaving our house for 72 hours straight. That's a lot of games of "Chase me!", "Where's Charlotte?", and "C'mon, dance with me!" Every puzzle in the house was solved twice, and every picture book was read three times. By Tuesday afternoon I was getting punchy, and this old magazine that Daphne found among her mother's things made me giggle waaaay more than it should.



Let's see how low I was willing to stoop for entertainment:

Uh oh, looks like Grandpa Windfield has been visiting again.



Mary's a homewrecker. 



Daphne is so relieved this shirt isn't still available, because I really want to wear this while jogging (nice coupon, by the way).




You can see from her grimace that his wife just kicked him under the table for pun embarrassment. 


And kids today think their texting abbreviations are so cutting edge.


What is Canada selling here? And who's that guy?


True.



I'd like to think this model thought she was working at a Pfizer Company photo shoot, and the resulting ad for Preparation H was a complete surprise to her. If not, then I'd love to hear the photographer explain what her motivation was for this shot.

Okay, enough with the sarcasm. Let's end this on a positive note. Charlotte will be 3 1/2 years old in ten days, and I think I might replicate this ad.


Thanks for the idea, Crayola.

No comments:

Post a Comment