Friday, December 20, 2013

Makes Me Want a Zima

My search for basement decorations continues. As I mentioned before, I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I just know I want it to be cool. And by cool, I mean original and eclecticCheap is good, too.

This time I found a drawing of Dave Mathews in a thrift store. Oh man, I'm having a 90's flashback.




Is it original? The artist's signature looks legit, and the artwork has been scotch-taped to the mat board, so I think this is the real deal. Plus, it's not a generically perfect print that you can buy at a big box store. Look at his left hand; those fingers are like 8 feet long:




Either Dave slammed them in a car door, or you've drank too much Crystal Pepsi, and now stuff looks like it's melting. 
Originality score: 5 out of 5

Is it eclectic? Well, yeah. It's a picture of Dave Mathews. And it's going to be hanging in a straight man's basement. 
Score: 3 out of 5.

Was it cheap? Yep, Hope Ministries had it marked at $20, but they are having an "everything framed is $5" sale. I would rather have spent 79 cents, but five bucks isn't bad. Besides, the last three times I spotted this on my wall, I laughed out loud. How do you put a price on that kind of joy?
Score: 4 out of 5


But is it cool? Hey, the numbers don't lie. Welcome home, Dave.



No comments:

Post a Comment