Monday, December 9, 2013

Seasons Greetings from Cowboy John

A few years ago we took my mom to the Iowa State Fair. To take a break from the heat, we walked through the Varied Industries Building's sample room. We tried the new popcorn flavors, dipped short pretzel sticks in several mustards, and sampled "Cowboy John's Grilln' & Dippn' Sauce".



Mom bought a bottle because she thought John was cute, but she left it unopened at our house. Daphne found the bottle months later, and we used it with our steaks. I was pretty impressed with the sauce.

Last August, Cowboy John was back at the fair, and I bought a second bottle from him. This time he pointed out the Internet address on the back of the label, "Be sure to try the recipes on that there website. I worked long and hard to steal 'em."

Here's what I found on the recipe page.


You just never know where you'll get a laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment