Saturday, November 2, 2013

Makes Me Want A PBR

I'm pretty excited about our new house's basement. In our old house I had one room for myself, but here I have a whole level. Time to decorate (rubs hands together).

I've been on the lookout for stuff to hang on the walls, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I just know I want it to be cool. And by cool, I mean original and eclectic. Cheap is good, too.

I think this framed photo of Willie Nelson nails my requirements.

Is it original? According to a sticker on the back of the picture, Willie II was entered in the "On My Own Time" photo contest in 1985 by a West Des Moines photographer. No way you are going to find this 30 x 20 poster for sale at Wall Mart. Check.

Is it eclectic? Check out the patriotic guitar strap, and the trucker hat, and the hole in his instrument. Check, check, and check.

Was it cheap? Yep, Goodwill only wanted $5.99. Perhaps the low price was due to the weird smudge in the upper right corner. I don't mind the smudge.


Willie looks pretty good hanging over my vintage stereo setup.


In case  you didn't spot it, that's my eight-track player on the second shelf. And yes, I do have Willie Nelson 8-tracks.

He's a perfect fit.

What do you think? link

No comments:

Post a Comment