Monday, December 16, 2013

No, Not Me. I Married a LEO.

While surfing for old VW parts, I see a lot of ads for cheap cars. The cheapest are listed as having "no title" and only a "bill of sale". The ad usually ends with, "u could prolly get a title real easy in yr state."

Out of curiosity, I have been researching what it takes to get an Iowa title (and registration) for a car or motorcycle that has none. It's a pretty expensive process. Among other things, the Iowa DOT requires "a cash bond or surety bond, based on one and one-half times the current value of the vehicle."

I wasn't sure what the DOT meant by "cash bond", so I Googled it. Turns out I wasn't the only one with this question:


Hey, I married a Leo, too. Can I use that as a disclaimer when I Google embarrassing questions?

"Can the inside of your nose stink? Clearly, I don't want to know this, but a friend does... I married a LEO."

Hmmm. Might work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment