Monday, October 14, 2019

Our 17th Wedding Anniversary: History, Mystery, and Film

We took Charlotte with us to celebrate our wedding anniversary on Saturday. Daphne and Char had the day planned out, and like my birthday, I was along for the ride.

It was too cold for the Downtown Farmers' Market, so we went downtown to walk around West End Architectural Salvage. It's four floors of history and mystery. You really have no idea don't what you will find. They also host weddings, and Char took our picture in front of West End's marriage sign.


Char posed in an old store front kiddie ride. She laughed, "This is my new boyfriend."


They had a Hang Glider for sale for $800. It looked pretty fun with five drop targets, multiple stationary targets, a spinner, and a kick out hole. I didn't want to buy it, but I was itching to clean and fix it. (Since it's a Bally, I'd start with checking the fuse holders. They are known to be a weak link...)


Speaking of mystery, we broke out again! The Mystery Mansion escape room was a blast. There were quite a few surprises in there. It came down to the wire, but we managed to find the haunted object before time ran out. Daphne does most of the problem solving. I pitch in here and there. Char handles lock duties.


We headed over to Flix to see Abominable after the escape room excitement. I had read a lukewarm movie review, and so I wasn't expecting too much. I got a lot more film than I expected. We all liked Abominable quite a bit.

I figured out how to use the photo booth at Flix last May. I like to pose in front of the movie posters and look bored. I think it looks funny. The girls helped me out with this one.


We had a great day. No joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment