Wednesday, October 10, 2018

I need to stretch more often...

... sitting on a classroom floor is hard to do.

Today is "Wish Upon a Star Wednesday," and Charlotte had to wear yellow again to represent the third grade.


More importantly, it was also "Bring Your Parents to School Day." Daphne and I joined Charlotte at Karen Acres from 8:15 to 9:30.


The morning began in the gym to see what Char has been doing in P.E. She is demonstrating spider ball push ups here.


"If you take a picture Dad, I'm throwing this ball at you." (Both of those things happened.)


Slap hand push ups.


Soccer skills.


Next was the classroom session in Mrs. Gilbert's room (Char's 3rd grade teacher). The writing station was our first stop. We randomly flipped pages in the prompt book and ended up with, "Write a scary story about... a monkey... that never does what it should."



Charlotte's story was about a scary monkey who wore a leopard mask. Daphne wrote about a monkey who sneaked out onto the roof at night and was blown away by a storm.

Here's my story:

     "Max the monkey would not play, or swing, or eat bananas. All he wanted to do was stand outside your window and watch you sleep.
     And he had a knife."

Charlotte shook with laughter when she heard my story.  She showed the story to Mrs. Gilbert. Mrs. Gilbert did not shake with laughter.

The fluency test checks how many words you can read in a minute. "Ready? Go!"


The math program on the computer presents mathematical problems in a fun carnival setting. I wish this existed when I was in 3rd grade.


I didn't take any pictures of the music session with Mrs. Emry Becker. She had the students perform for the parent audience, but Char was across the room, and I couldn't see her well. 

I did get a couple of pictures of Char's class projects.



Charlotte, I hope you follow your own advice. Being kind is one of the most important things you can be. It is true that some people think they can go very far in this world by being not kind. The problem is that they eventually end up where they do not want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment