Sunday, October 28, 2018

I Got Zero for Halloween

Like my neighbors, you might ask, "What's a guy your age doing on a skateboard?" The answer would be, "Having fun with my kid."

I bought this Zero skateboard last weekend from shopgoodwill.com.


I touched up the scratched black paint after cleaning the bottom of the deck. Black paint is easier to match than red or white. If you're not doing a full restoration, you can make a big difference by touching up just one color. The deck doesn't look new, but it does look better.


I pulled off the old grip tape with the help of my hairdryer.


The new Santa Cruz grip tape nicely suits the upcoming holiday. 


I liked the skulls, but the original Zero wheels were too beat up to appreciate the artwork.


I replaced them with Sector 9 wheels that look just as bad, but they're bigger in diameter and will hopefully keep me from planting my face into the boulevard.


But honestly, you don't have to actually ride a skateboard in order to play with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment