Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween '18: Hot Dog and a Movie

I got the idea from a friend at work. He said he was going to sit outside with his family and project cartoons on his house while they handed out candy.

After talking to him, I thought, I could do that instead of playing Halloween music. I bet Charlotte would get a kick out of it. All I needed was my old Proxima, a DVD player, and the computer speakers I was already going to use. 

I was thinking of showing either The Nightmare Before Christmas, Pooh's Heffalump Halloween, or It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I went with the Peanuts gang.

Here's the test run at 5:45. The image is dim, but you can see it.


It was looking pretty good by 6:30. Next year I'll remove the bulbs from that house light.

Okay, the driveway is ready.


Is the front porch lit? Yep!


Is Charlotte ready to go? You bet! (The irony of this costume is that Charlotte refuses to even touch a real hot dog... I suppose that makes the outfit scary to her.)


Daphne and Char hit the neighborhood haunts while I stayed home to hand out candy and babysit the DVD player.

I wondered if only the parents would recognize It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, but many kids told me that they love this cartoon. One princess excitedly shook the top of her candy sack as she whispered to me, "That is my favorite movie!" 


The ladies got home around 8. For fun, I turned down the house lights and fired up the opening scene of The Nightmare Before Christmas.



Did Charlotte get any candy?


When she was little, Daphne would organize her candy and tally it on a sheet of paper. So when her dad stole a piece of Halloween candy, Daphne would catch it and call him on it.

Char also organized her candy, but she didn't write anything down. *rubs hands together*

I think I can get away with a few thefts...

No comments:

Post a Comment