Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Char wasn't too sure about emptying the pumpkin.


But she knew what kind of a Jack-o'lantern she wanted. "It has to be a spoooooky one!" (Whenever you say "spooky", you have to twist your open hands right and left.) Of all the pumpkin faces on her Halloween coloring pages, she had me carve this one.


Then it was time to go out for Trick or Treating! Despite the dire warnings about thunderstorms, the night was mild and clear.


We left the house at 6:00, and within three minutes a large group of monsters, princesses, super heroes, one rapper (?), and their parents came around the corner. Char was absorbed into the pack, and we watched her go door to door with the other kids.  She had a blast, but after 45 minutes she wanted to sit on the sidewalk and count her candy. You could tell she was wiped out because she didn't even put up a fuss when we suggested it might be time to go home.

I have a lot of great memories of Halloween - it's my favorite holiday. But being able to watch my daughter make friends and excitedly dash down the sidewalk with them is going straight to the top of my list. I've never had a better Halloween, and I didn't even get any candy.

Somebody else did.


No comments:

Post a Comment