Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hey, Why Isn't She Angel 1?

When we picked up Charlotte after Sunday School, I could see from the papers she was holding that Zacchaeus was the topic of this week's lesson. Do you remember the song?

Zacchaeus was a wee little man
And a wee little man was he
He climbed up in a sycamore tree
For the Lord he wanted to see...


So I asked Charlotte, "Who did you learn about today in Sunday School?" 
Char answered, "Zucchini." 
I choked off a giggle, "You did? What did Jesus say to Zucchini?"
Char replied in all seriousness, "He said, 'Zucchinni, you get down!'"

I also learned that due the small number of girls in Char's Sunday School class, she will have a speaking role in this year's Christmas program. Charlotte is going to be Angel 5. Here's her line:


The last time Char was in front of the congregation, the glass bowl holding the gluten-free, communion wafers almost went flying across the pulpit. Luckily, our new pastor has fast reflexes. 

We've already been practicing at home, but after Char's first church performance, I can't see this going according to plan. Actually, with a three-year-old, there is no plan. 

Maybe I should put a pillow under the church pew, because that's where I'll be hiding this Christmas.
 link 

No comments:

Post a Comment