Monday, September 30, 2013

When was the last time you saw an altar railing turned into a ballet barre?

I suppose every parent gets the opportunity to helplessly watch and cringe while their child performs in front of an audience. Yesterday I got mine.

A few days ago we found out that Char's Sunday School Choir would be singing "Peace Like a River" at the front of the church this weekend. Because we've been so busy moving, this was only going to be Charlotte's second week with her Sunday School class. Since she takes awhile to warm up to new situations, I'll have to admit I was a bit worried.

I was guessing this would go one of three ways:

1. Char would refuse to enter the church with her choir, and she's have a tearful breakdown in the narthex.
2. Char would see us in the audience, and she'd run from the choir to the safety of our pew.
3. Char would belt out the lyrics like she does when she's practicing at home with mom.

But none of those scenarios took place. Charlotte had other plans. These plans included dancing, "twisting my dress like a hula hoop!" and showing off her ballet moves at the end of the song.

I'd tell you which one is my girl, but I think you'll be able to pick her out.


Oh, man. That's quite a finish. 

Every time that dress flipped, so did my stomach, but Daphne and I were also laughing hard. 

Makes me fearful fr the Christmas program, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment