Monday, May 14, 2012

Oh, How Nice of You

I pride myself in having a thrift store t-shirt for almost every occasion. I thought this Blues Traveler concert tee fit the bill for Mother's Day, but I'm not sure Daphne agreed. I wore it to the park for our picnic anyway.



Here's the blanket that we used for the picnic, and here's Charlotte stepping on my Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt's logo. I mentioned this shirt in my last post.


When Deb, my mother-in-law, asked me to pick out old shirts to be made into this quilt, I had no idea that Daphne and I were going to be parents. Had I known, I probably wouldn't have selected the "Black Sunday" movie tee that reads, "The Undead Demons of Hell Terrorize the World in an Orgy of Stark Horror!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTC2vRfyVJY

Guess which square Char will discover first when she starts reading? I'll have some fast talking to do then.

Also, check out Char's state fair shirt. I asked Daphne to save every piece of clothing that Char has ever worn, and when we have enough cool logos and patterns, I'd like to see get her own quilt.

I won't actually make the quilt, of course. I'll just brag that it was my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment