Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Get in, Dog!

Before Charlotte was born, I could sum up how I'd spend a majority of my summer in two words: "truck ride".

After a long summer training run, I would be so hot that if I was to clean up right away I'd just be sweating again when I stepped out of the shower. I hate that. My solution was cooling off by taking our dog Maggie for a drive around Saylorville Lake with all the windows down.

I don't know how it is at your house, but every saying we have for our pets gets shortened down to the bare minimum. Instead of hunting down Maggie and asking, "Hey big girl! Do you want to come along and go for a ride in the truck with me?" I now just yell, "Truck ride!" from the garage. It's not like word choice matters, you put those two words anywhere near each other in a sentence and you'll be soon tackled by an overexcited, 95 pound, four-legged hitchhiker.

Although it's not the safest picture to take, I wanted to show you what I see in the passenger door mirror when I'm driving Maggie around:


Since my shedding passenger doesn't care about conversation or music quality, I'll pass the drive time with an assortment of random CDs checked out from the library. Really, is there a better place to listen to music than in the car?  Amongst the audio junk I'll usually find something I like - proving my theory that most records have at least one interesting song. And these songs become my "Dog Days of Summer Soundtrack".

With summer on its way, here are some road songs for you to try: Road Songs link

No comments:

Post a Comment