Friday, April 6, 2012

Pay No Attention to that Boy Behind the Curtain

I grew up singing in the shower. I don't know why I felt so brave standing behind that curtain, but as soon as I stepped under the water I'd let it rip. I wouldn't sing a cappella though. I had to have some cassette "blaring to high heaven" to guide me along. It was usually the same tape over and over - there's comfort in repetition. I bet I sang along with side A of Rick Springfield's "Working Class Dog" tape almost every morning of my 8th grade year.  I don't even know one song on side B.

Although I no longer sing in the shower (I have more consideration for my family), if Charlotte's not sleeping I'll will blast shower music for myself. Again, there's very little variety. Last year my iPod played the Presidents of the United States every morning, and 2011-2012 school year looks to be the "Year of the Black Keys". 

Why the Black Keys? Daphne noticed that Charlotte likes them. When Char was crawling down the hallway one summer morning last year she heard "Tighten Up" coming from our bathroom. She stopped crawling and started bouncing on her diaper in sync with the beat. After several bounces Charlotte switched directions and zipped into our bathroom where she sat on the rug and continued to groove to the song. 

That's my girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpaPBCBjSVc&ob=av3e

No comments:

Post a Comment