Friday, April 13, 2012

An Angel On Your... What?

I've written about our book "Toilet Paper Origami" before, but now I have a new story.


My mom loves religious symbols, and I grew up in a house decorated with Crosses, angels, and pictures of Jesus. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun of my mom's beliefs, as they are my own. But my mom really loves angels. She's got angels on her walls, her jewelry, her clothing, and her keychains. There's an angel clipped to her car's sun visor, and she often carries a angel in her pocket.

For fun, but also because we knew my mom would get a kick out of it, Daphne folded up a toilet paper angel, and she placed the roll in the bathroom my mom uses when she visits:


As expected, my mom was very pleased when she saw her surprise, and she asked to take home the roll and the attached angel. That was two years ago, and since then the angel has been hanging out in my mom's second bathroom. 

Recently Mom asked Daphne if she could have another T.P. angel. Apparently my nephew's "rough around the edges" girlfriend used mom's second bathroom, and the angel wasn't to be seen again. 

Maybe it's just how I was raised, but I don't think I could ever use an angel to wipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment