Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tales from Community Cookbooks: Patriotic Edition

When I found this cookbook from 1942, I was surprised to see what great shape it was in. The colors are awesome.



Here's the introduction.


Let's zoom in.


I get to eat butter, cheese, and ice cream because I'm a patriot? Is this a great country or what!


I'm totally behind the "or more" recommendation for the consumption of butter.

More surprisingly, this little cookbook was bookmarked with old photos. Check out this guy with what looks like a very American amount of ice cream! Good job, kid.


These gals look like they are headed to get their USA approved amount of dairy, too.


There were five pictures in this cookbook, and this one is my favorite.


I like the trees, the swing swaying beneath them, and the shadow of the photographer. Still, I'm fascinated with the woman. Check out her body language. This is someone who clearly doesn't want to be photographed, but yet there she is looking as uncomfortable as possible.

 Hmmm. Maybe she needs to try this recipe...


No comments:

Post a Comment