Thursday, June 27, 2013

Story Material: Buyer's Remorse

Every once in awhile I'll buy a t-shirt from TeeFury to give as a gift. It's a fun clothing site that offers a "Limited Edition Shirt Every Day". A couple of years ago I was sucked into their "grab bag" offer:


"WHAT'S THE GRAB BAG? RANDOM T-SHIRT FOR $7 (Plus Shipping) Seven dollars will get you a random t-shirt in the size you specify. You can order up to 12 units per size while supplies last.

OVER 70 POSSIBLE DESIGNS! The random shirt lot comes from the designs we have printed since the last Grab Bag in April including those in TFX2 battles. We also have a random mix of designs left over from previous quarters from undelivered items or other scenarios. Please check our gallery to see the potential designs." TeeFury.com

I thought, "How can I lose? All the shirts they sell are all pretty cool." Then this is what I got in the mail.


"Over 70 possible designs"? I think this shirt is sporting all 70 at once, and its rectangle layout is horrible. If I do have a distinct clothing style, then this shirt is about as far as you could get from it. "Grab Bag"? They should have called it "We-couldn't-sell-this-shirt-to-anyone-who-had-actually-seen-it, so-we-screwed-you-over Bag", and been honest about it. 

I hate this shirt. But here's the stupid part. I wear it all the time! I wore it yesterday when I mowed the lawn. See, I also hate when I get suckered into buying something while surfing the Internet (eBay should have a Breathalyzer lock), so I try to make the best of any dumb purchase I make. I don't wear this shirt in public, but I do wear it when I grill with charcoal, clean the garage, work on the Bug, take care of Charlotte when she's sick and might puke on me, make a bunch of bacon and might get splattered, re-stain the deck, or anytime I'm working with corrosive chemicals. 

I wear this stupid thing so much that I'm afraid that Charlotte might begin to think that this is my style. So I'm trying to kill this shirt. But I can't! The fabric is too durable. It keeps coming out of the dryer yelling, "Ha Ha! I live to fight another day! So screw you, Brent!"

Man, I hate this shirt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment