Monday, June 17, 2013

Eggo Mini Waffles: So Many Possibilities

When I was writing about "kid friendly" foods yesterday, I mentioned Eggo Mini Waffles. I wrote, "Don't get me started". But it was too late, I got started.
 
These little circles of love waffles are awesome! Prepared in the toaster, they're great for a simple breakfast. But think outside of the box. The waffles themselves are not sweet, so you can treat them like bread. They makes great PB&J sandwiches. Throw in a banana slice, a marshmallow, and make Elvis proud. If you brown them in a pan with a teaspoon of butter and add some squares of American cheese, you can make some really cool grilled cheese sliders. I tried this last night for the first time.
 

They were better than I hoped.

Also, you can squeeze a scoop of ice cream between two toasted waffles, and your summer afternoon snack is all set. While frozen you can cut them up into quarters, toss them with some cooking spray and cinnamon sugar, and toast them in the oven until crispy. You'll have some great croutons for a snack mix or an ice cream topping.

They'd also be great for your next S'more adventure. Daphne thinks Ghirardelli chocolate squares would work nicely.

I think it's time to get your waffle on!

No comments:

Post a Comment