Friday, June 28, 2013

Strange Stuff in Children's Books: I Hear What You Did There

We brought home some books from the library today, and I was surprised to see a book written by Weird Al Yankovic in our stack. I didn't know Weird Al wrote children's literature.


Here's the plot line provided by Amazon.com, "Eight-year-old Billy gives a flamboyant show-and-tell presentation, reciting for the class and his hapless teacher Mrs. Krupp, all the professions he has in mind for his future. From master snail trainer to dinosaur-dusting museum curator, the possibilities he imagines are seemingly endless..." -- Seira Wilson

Check out the last occupation in the third line:



The book's description continues, "... Billy’s carefree enthusiasm is contagious, and the bubbling rhythm of When I Grow Up makes it a lively read-aloud."-- Seira Wilson, Amazon.com

I don't think Seira Wilson really read this book out loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment