Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I'll Tell You Why I Do Like Mondays

This summer we take Charlotte to day care on Mondays. It gives Daphne and I a chance to work on personal projects, catch an afternoon movie, or enjoy a slower paced lunch with an adult conversation. I might feel guilty about leaving Char at someone else's house on my vacation day, but Charlotte loves our day care provider as much as she loves anyone in our family.

This week Daphne and I went downtown to look around West End Architectural Salvage - a store that is not small child friendly. But before we went shopping, I suggested we stop by the new hot dog place, Hotshots. I had skipped breakfast, and my idea was to grab a dog, go shopping for an hour or two, and then get lunch at Americana.

Here's the Hotshots menu:


Even though I want to own a 70's Honda CB motorcycle (last item on the menu), I'm a sucker for a chili dog, so I went with the Steve McQueen:


Daphne chose the Valentino Rossi:


I knew my idea of eating twice downtown wasn't going to work as soon as our hot dogs arrived. The hot dog itself isn't small, but once you add all the toppings and the bun, you know you aren't walking out of Hotshots hungry. We switched baskets for a couple of bites, and I can tell you that at least two of the dogs offered are really good. Located across the street from the Pappajohn Sculpture Park, this is where I'm getting my meal for our next picnic over at that park.

After shopping, we went to Zombie Burger for ice cream. We decided to share a Carrot Cake shake. The shake tasted like a carrot cake, but the pieces of carrot cake mix were really hard to suck through a straw, and we were both underwhelmed with the size of the cup. I didn't take a picture, but I almost felt like I'd need to use the "micro" setting if I did.

We weren't they only ones having fun and eating like Zombies. Char got to go to a pool, and afterwards she was so worn out and hungry that she was actually eating in her sleep. Here's some "action pictures" taken at a stop light.






Quite the multi-tasker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment