Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Music for the Ages

WARNING: This post is full of musical earworm links. Step carefully.

Recently Charlotte has been in the gripp of YouTube songs like "It's Raining Tacos", "Cat Flushing a Toilet", and "Space Unicorn." 


She likes the taco song so much she started a Taco Club at out house. There are three card-carrying members so far. 


However, only two of the members actually eat tacos. 

Char told me that these insanely catchy songs are written by Parry Gripp. That name sounded familiar, and it turns out that he's the lead singer of the rock band Nerf Herder. Nerf Herder, named after a Star Wars insult, released one of my favorite CDs of the late 90's. I saw them live at KKDM's DotFest in '97.


That was over twenty years ago, but I still know the lyrics to "Van Halen", "Sorry", and "Golf Shirt." 

Now when Char's is blasting "Narwhal Eating a Bagel" on the laptop, I can nod my head and sagely comment, "Nice choice. I've liked Parry Gripp for a long time."

Mr. Gripp has joined Charlotte Monson's Musical Ranks. Char wishes him welcome like she did for The Presidents of the United StatesAndre 3000, They Might Giants, Barenaked Ladies,  Lisa Loeb, and The Verve Pipe.

As for me, I'm happy to welcome all of those artists back to my car stereo. 

Six years from now, Char and I will listen to your old stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment