Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Book Return

It was a big morning at church last Sunday.





I  also received my first Bible when I was in third grade. The Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Inwood had run out of childen's Bibles, so we were given the same Bibles as the confirmation students. I thought I was pretty cool with my grown up book.




I took that Bible with me when I attended Bible Camp at Lake Okoboji. I was going to be in 6th grade, and I wasn't responsible enough to pack it when I left. My folks were pretty upset that it was lost. As a parent, I get that.

Bill Moeller, older brother to my buddy Rob Moeller, knocked on our door a few years later. He had also been to Camp Okoboji, and during a church service there he had discovered my name in a beat up pew Bible. 



Bill was kind enough to bring my book back to me. Thanks again, Bill.

I'm sure that God had a hand in that, so I took it as a sign that I should keep better care of my Bible. I did, and it is comforting to know that I still have it.

Charlotte, I hope you take care of your new Bible. I don't think Bill will be able to help us if you misplace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment