Friday, September 28, 2018

A Nice Way to Start the Week

I attended West Lyon Elementary through 3rd grade. My dad was my principal and my mom was the speech therapist. When my parents had to work at school on the weekends, my sister and I would get to play in the gym with the scooters (remember them?), balls, and sometimes Dad would even pull out the trampoline out for us.

We'd also get to go into the teachers' lounge to drink a pop before we left. I'd go for a Mountain Dew. I always got a kick out of this guy on the bottle.


It was cool having your parents work at your school. You got to see them during the day, and after school you got to do stuff that other kids couldn't. 

Although she can sit on a skateboard, I've been trying to build Charlotte's confidence for riding her scooter. I thought the school grounds would be a good place for Char to practice. 

After struggling with the scooter for 15 minutes, Char wanted to check out my classroom. It didn't take long for her to start drawing on the white board. She giggled, "I'm so lucky my parents are teachers."


This greeted me on Monday morning.


I think I'm the lucky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment