Monday, December 18, 2017

Once Again, for the Last Time

Charlotte's dance team performed at Merle Hay Mall last Friday. This has been a holiday tradition for the past four years.

When she saw Mom:


When she saw me:


Here's the dance:


We repeated the Monson family mantra that follows any activity: "Did you do your best?" and "Where do you want to eat?" Charlotte did do her best, and she wanted ice cream at Flix, again.


I didn't think much about it at the time, but this was the last time I'll see our daughter dance at the mall. Her age group has outgrown the mall performances.

If that makes me a little sad, I'll remind myself about the self-righteous woman who rudely scolded us for standing in front of her, and most of that sadness will go away.

Man, that lady was awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment