Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve at the Monson's House

We couldn't figure out why Charlotte wanted to leave Santa a plate of taffy and and a cold beer this year. She finally admitted she got the idea from Calvin and Hobbes:


I think cartoons like this have given Charlotte the idea that Santa doesn't exist. She's been hinting about that for awhile. 

Tonight she got upset that she didn't send Santa a Christmas list. The worried procrastinator quickly wrote one before bed. This gives me hope we have one "Santa is Real" Christmas left.


Translation:
Beanie Babies (a family friend recently gave her a load of them)
"Stop Reading" (Aimed at Daphne and I)
Squinkies
Hatchamals
Squishies
FlipaZoo
No clothes! (As a kid who hated trying on jeans, I get that)
$105 gift card to anywhere (?)
"Hey, stop looking at this note and don't drink the cold beer!" (Aimed at me, I believe)


Taffy and beer? If Santa is real, then this might be the reason he flies over our house without stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment