Thursday, September 25, 2014

Taking the Lo-Fi Road

It took me a few months, but I finally shot a whole roll of 35mm film with my vintage Keystone "instamatic" camera. I bought this camera because it had a battery powered flash instead of needing a (unavailable) flashcube. I was curious if the flash would let me take better indoor pictures.

I really like how the old camera exposes all of the new 35mm film. I think the sprocket holes look neat. Here are a few of my favorite shots.

After a hard day of ballet, Char's hanging out in a pillow tent with Maggie.


Remember what a big deal it was when your folks would take you to a hotel, and they had a pool there? I had to stand in the water to take this picture. I still remember how freezing that water was. Why don't little kids ever get cold in the pool?


OJ, cinnamon toast waffles, and watching Charlie and Lola on the computer is a great way to start a summer day...


... especially if it's raining outside.


When I blogged about this process before I called it lomography, but I think lo-fi photography is a better title. From the looks of the bottom left corner of each picture, my new/old camera has a light leak. I'm cool with that.

links: LomoLomo 2

No comments:

Post a Comment