Monday, September 22, 2014

Bug Update: Cleaning Up

The turn signal seals on my front fenders had rotted away, so I bough some replacements from Wolfsburg West, an online supplier of quality VW parts.


The installation was fairly straight forward, and I got to use my new wire crimping skills.


I think little changes like this really clean up the Bug's overall appearance. No one is going think my car is a show winner, but it won't look like it's falling apart standing still, either.

 Speaking of cleaning up, I finally got all that junk off the inside of the engine lid.



When I showed Daphne my progress she said, "You like that type of job, don't you?" It's true. I do. It took me over an hour to scrub off all that grime, but it's a big improvement that was almost free.


I can't do much with that black patch above the air cleaner. It looks like the lid was repaired with a sloppy weld, and someone used spray paint to cover their tracks. I can live with it.

Time to work on the headlights...

No comments:

Post a Comment