Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The View From a Three-Year-Old

I recently found this digital camera at the Hope Ministries Thrift Store (or "The H Store" as Char likes to call it.)


The Sony Cyber-shot only cost three dollars, but I suspect that's because it didn't have a battery charger or a cord to connect the camera to a computer. Amazon and four more dollars solved that problem.

Since the camera works well, but there's hardly any money invested, I gave the Cyber-shot to Charlotte. She's always trying to take her mom's digital camera, but we're rightly afraid that she'd break it. This is a fun solution, and honestly, I'm curious what kind of pictures a three-year-old will take.

Last weekend we traveled to Garden City to place flowers on my dad's grave, and then we had a picnic at my cousin's acreage. Here are some pictures taken by Char. (We use my t-shirt blanket for picnics.)

Like most little kids, Char likes picking dandelions and giving them to her mom. I like how the dandelions ended up next to the flowers on Char's sandals.









Here's a picture of our dog. Char is practicing with the "flower button" (the close-up, or macro function).


Here are two pictures taken last night right before bath time.



When Char pushes the camera's button, she smiles at the electronic "click" and quickly looks down at the screen to see the picture she has taken. Usually she giggles at the results. It's a good time.

We've got a few mini-adventures planned for this summer, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Char's camera records the events.

No comments:

Post a Comment