Wednesday, May 28, 2014

She Got Me On That One

Sometimes Charlotte gets an idea in her head, and she just can't let it go. She has been asking to run through our garden sprinkler for the past three months. We have told her every time that it's just too cold outside today. And we weren't lying; it's been a raw and dreary spring.

Char again asked if she could run through the sprinkler last Saturday, and I finally said yes. The temperature was around 70, it was bordering on evening, and I knew she'd be too cold to enjoy it, but I relented. Sometimes you just have to let your kid be disappointed, and hope they learn something.

I set up the sprinkler in the front yard, and let her have at it. Char could tell it was waaay to cold to play in the water after one pass through the twirling streams, but she would not admit that to me.

Her solution?


"See Dad? It's not too cold. I can still play in the sprinkler!"

No comments:

Post a Comment