Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Weekend Notes

I had Charlotte to myself on Saturday. We had lunch at Fuzzy's Tacos. Char likes the nachos, and I tried the steak fajitas. The food was really good, but man, that restaurant is always cold. 


We crossed the street to the Science Center of Iowa after lunch. Charlotte wanted a picture in front of the dinosaur.


She has met this Daspletosaurus before, but she was only three years old then. The girls were showing off their dino-snarls.


We also spent some time in the Star Theater. You can lay on the floor and watch programs about history, science, and space projected on the dome ceiling. After a few short videos, the theater emptied, and Charlotte asked, "Dad! We're the only ones in here. Can I run around in a circle on the floor?"

"Ummmm.... yeah, I guess. I don't see any reason why you can't."

Action shot:


It was also a movie weekend. We watched Paddington at home on Friday night because Charlotte and Daphne wanted to see the sequel that is playing at Flix. I just wanted to go to Flix, so that worked out for everyone. We saw Paddington 2 on Sunday, and we all agreed it was better than the original. What a great family film: lots of humor, action, and I may have even teared up a little at the end it was a very good time. More than a few people clapped when the credits rolled.

Char and I checked out Middle School: The Worst Years of my Life from the library, and we all watched that on Saturday night. We hadn't heard of the movie before; Charlotte chose it strictly because of the title. When it was over, Daphne nailed the description when she said it was Diary of Wimpy Kid and The Sixth Sense mixed together. There is a reveal in the movie that hit us both a little hard.

Oh, we also have been watching the Netflix series, The Worst Witch. Think Harry Potter meets 90's Dr. Who special effects with a cast that is mostly female 'tweens. It's good spirited fun. (See what I did there?)

We didn't have school on Monday, but it was bitterly cold outside. We got some exercise by walking the Valley West Mall. We haven't been in that building for years. After walking a few laps, we had lunch at Jimmy John's.

Char deconstructed her turkey and cheese sandwich, and then used the bun as a puppet...


Sigh. I know. I know. She's my kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment