Wednesday, January 3, 2018

“Char, these are your first steps…” Obi-Wan Kenobi

Charlotte is a fan of Calvin and Hobbes, and she likes this shirt that I bought in Canada two summers ago.


I was excited to show her the scene from The Empire Strikes Back that inspired the shirt's design, but she wasn't interested at all. She was only five then.

This year Charlotte's ballet dance at the mall coincided with the opening of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. As previously noted, Charlotte wanted to celebrate her dance by eating at the Flix movie theater.

Much of the Flix lobby was sectioned off for the Star Wars fans, and many were dressed in costume. Charlotte was really intrigued with all of the characters, and she was happy to stand inside a Death Star decorated for the holidays.


Charlotte gave me this for Christmas.


She was flattered when I showed her that I had framed it, "I didn't know you were going to do that with it, Dad."

"Why wouldn't I?"


Daphne and I have been trying to decide if Star Wars would be too intense for a seven-year-old. There's no way I'd show her Episodes I, II, or III because then I have to watch them, too. I think we will have to begin with Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope. The Internet agrees:


Looks like we should plan a movie night at home pretty soon!

I really hope it goes well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment