Monday, January 22, 2018

The Pineapple Jackpot

Charlotte has read that pineapples are best when they are golden yellow. When she spotted this one at HyVee yesterday, Char tugged on my coat sleeve and exclaimed, "Dad! It's a perfect pineapple! We hit the pineapple jackpot!"


Charlotte found Daphne and excitedly told her about the discovery, but Mom had a hard time understanding what jackpot Charlotte was talking about. I explained that Charlotte had found a pineapple that she wanted to show her. As we turned to follow Charlotte, I leaned over Daphne's shoulder and sang,

"It's real yellow
Char says "Hello"
Come on home with me you pine fellow.*" 


I don't how I came up with parody lyrics for "Bust a Move", but Daphne laughed out loud. 

I was pretty proud about that. 

Oh, and Charlotte was right. We had the pineapple at dinner, and I told Char it was the best one I ever had ever eaten.

She was pretty proud about that.

* Apologies to Young MC.

No comments:

Post a Comment