Monday, February 6, 2017

It's All About the Wardrobe

Daphne and Charlotte were discussing our cat Earl when I walked into Char's room.

"What's this about Earl? Where is he?" I asked.

"Oh," Charlotte replied, "he's probably enjoying his life as a super hero."

I laughed and looked at Daphne, "What is that supposed to mean?"

She smiled and said, "Oh, you'll have to see for yourself. I think he ran down to the living room."

I was intrigued, so I went downstairs in search of our cat. I found him on the couch, wearing the felt cape that Charlotte had made him.


So that's what made him a superhero!

I figured he'd want the cape off - cats don't usually enjoy dress up - but when I reached down and pulled on the fabric, he ran to the end of the couch. That's when Daph walked in.

"He seems to like it, so don't worry about taking it off. He's fine."

Earl had settled into the couch cushion and held his head high. "He looks kinda ...." I was searching for the right word.

"Regal," Daphne finished for me.

"That's it. He does look regal. He's certainly proud of himself."

Earl wore his cape until he got it wet drinking out of the water dish. The cape is drying on a door knob, so I'm sure his highness will get another chance to enjoy his super hero couch adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment