Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Construction Continues

Charlotte decided to go with the Squinkie Villa as her V-Day box for school. 😀 

I should clarify that her class is having a Friendship Party on Friday, not a Valentine's Day party, but it feels weird calling it a Friendship Box. Anyway, Char picked outherput it colored constuction paper, and mom helped put it on the box.


The next step is the Squinkie decorations. Char wants to tape real Squinkies to the outside of the box, but that's a recipe for disaster. Some will fall off, or be pulled off, and be lost for sure. The chances of finding the exact replacements will be zero, and that will be a mess I can't clean up.

Instead, I went to the Squinkies website and printed off a few coloring pages resized to fifty percent. Char colored them, and they will be cut out and taped to the box. I think it's a pretty good compromise.


Both Charlotte and I are excited for Friday. I took a personal day so I can take her to school for a "Donuts with Dad" gathering at 8AM. After I leave, she gets to have her Friendship Party, and then her class takes a field trip to the Science Center. It will be a big day for her.

If it's as warm as they predict for Friday (over 50 degrees), I might get to spray paint my newest project, and no, it isn't a pinball machine. It is a large toy, though. I hope Friday will be a big day for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment