Friday, July 15, 2016

Unexpected

When I was a kid all the sides in my hometown park were your standard, straight drop slides.


Anytime my family was driving through a different town or city and a "curly slide" was spotted, my sister and I would beg Mom and Dad to stop the car so we could slide on it. Sometimes they did stop the car.


Char's equivalent to the curly slide is the McDonald's Play Place. Char begs us to turn in anytime we drive pass a McDonald's with this feature. Sometimes (if it's raining) we pull in for a few minutes. Daphne buys a coffee, and I buy the newest Happy Meal toy. You can get the toy w/o the meal for under two dollars. 



Char's been eyeing the Play Place near Adventureland for weeks. It was raining last Sunday, so we stopped for a few minutes. I hadn't been in this particular Mickey D's either, and I was surprised to see that it featured a piano bar.

That's one of those things that makes you stop and say, "What? Really?"



Speaking of slides and the unexpected, Char and I just came back from playing in a local elementary school playground. Apparently a summer camp was having a costume day. At least, I hope they were.


This reminds me of a Korn album cover.



"I think mom will be home soon, Char. Let's go  meet her..."

No comments:

Post a Comment