Friday, July 8, 2016

Our Trip To Canada: Ridin' and Flyin'

What was Charlotte's favorite thing to do in Montreal? She would tell you (today, anyway) it was riding the Metro trains.


It was sheer luck that our B&B was located about 50 meters yards from the Metro station, and using the trains to get around the city was a breeze. I thought Char might be intimidated by the subway system, but she adapted to it in about two minutes.



One thing I noticed was how clean the Metro buildings and trains were. There wasn't any debris in any of the thousands of corners that I looked at. I don't think a cleaning crew could this whole train system in such fine condition; the public has to help.  Maybe it's ingrained into the Canadian culture to keep things clean. Impressive.


The flight from Montreal to Prince Edward Island utilized a prop plane. 


I surprised Char with a mini Etch A Sketch before we boarded the plane.


I don't like flying, and this plane sure scared me a couple of times during the first 15 minutes of the flight. Twice the turbulence put air between our bottoms and the seat cushions (flotation devices), and twice I thought we were going down like a lawn dart, but we made it to PEI in one piece. 


And we were greeted by a cow.


More on him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment