Monday, July 25, 2016

A Patient Patient

Charlotte is finally old enough to entertain herself for awhile in the morning.

Before we go to bed, Daphne turns the TV to channel 811 (PBS), fills an air tight container with cereal, and she places it on a low shelf in the cupboard.  She also puts a glass of milk on a low shelf in the fridge.  

Char knows where everything is, and how to turn on the TV, so when she wakes up before we do she can be on her own for a while. It's a pretty good deal. Daph and I can now sleep in until 8:00 AM for the first time in almost six years. 

I came downstairs and heard Charlotte talking to someone around 8:15 yesterday. I halted in the hallway before revealing my presence. From around the corner, I could heard Char say, "Earl, you're too hot."

I quietly peaked and spotted Char in full doctor costume taking her cat's "temperature". He wasn't even protesting. 

This is, my friends, my definition of a "good cat".


And a "good kid".

No comments:

Post a Comment