Sunday, November 9, 2014

I Sing High with a Little Help from My Friend

It's always interesting when Char's Sunday School class goes in front of the church to sing. And by "interesting", I mean, "What is she doing?"

She has held on to the altar rail and performed fake ballet moves, and she has silently pouted with arms crossed her chest. For the Christmas program she curled into a ball and "showed everybody my bottom", and for Easter she stood there with a cat on her head.


See? It's always interesting. I think the best way to handle her performance is to just roll with it and think, What can you do? She's only four.

For the record, she doesn't come to church with toys. St. Stephens provides activity bags for kids.


Inside you'll find games, puzzles, coloring books, crayons, snacks, toys, and Char's favorite - a Beanie Baby. Why didn't they have these when I was a kid? Sheesh. Back then you were happy to scribble with that stubby pencil that didn't have an eraser.


Anyway, Char went up in front of the church this morning with her new best friend - Stuffed Dog, and she actually sang! She and dog even did the motions.


My camera work is a bit shaky, and we're in the back of the church (if Char can see us she loses focus), but I have proof she can do it.

We'll have to watch this a few times before this year's Christmas Pageant.

No comments:

Post a Comment