Saturday, November 15, 2014

First Snow Party!

On Thursday morning I was driving Charlotte to daycare and I asked her a question, "Char, if you could have any meal in the world, what would you want?"

"I'd want to have it at home."

"Okay, I'll make it at home. But what would you want me to make?"

After a lengthy and serious pause Char answered, "Pink fish."

Unless you are fluent in Char-speak, you might be puzzled, but I know that Pink Fish means Grilled Salmon. To make Grilled Salmon, I'd have to grill on Saturday night. The forecast for Saturday says we're suppose to get our first serious snowfall, and the high is 28 degrees.

Like I care. Let's fire up the Weber!


And let's have a winter grill party!

I didn't get a photo of Char swinging in the winter air, but here she is finding out that a snow-covered slide is too fast.


Luckily, our small sledding hill is just right.



Maggie stood guard.


After 15 minutes on a cedar plank, Char's Pink Fish was ready to go.


Since the coals were still hot, I toasted some rosemary garlic bread for a side. We also had some veggies.


I'm lucky it wasn't windy, and it's good thing I kept the charcoal where I could reach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment