Friday, March 30, 2012

Spontaneity

Yesterday I was in my car waiting at a stop light. To my left, in the turning lane, was a young professional woman with huge earrings checking her makeup in the rearview mirror. I have no idea what radio station she had on, but her mouth flashed into a bright smile when a song came on she knew. 

Within seconds she was singing along and dancing practiced arm moves in her car seat; her earrings were swinging all over the place. It just made me smile, but I'm glad she didn't see me watching her dance. It made my drive to work a lot brighter.

Later that evening I was getting ready to grill in our backyard, and as I was climbing the deck stairs to get the burgers "Gold on the Ceiling" by The Black Keys came on my iPod. I have no idea how to get some one's gold on the ceiling, but I had a flashback to the gal at the stop light. It was dark, and we have a high fence, so why not? I stopped my climb and started playing air guitar. Then I gave up on the air instrument and returned to the yard to dance around and perform some improvised moves for a minute or so. That may sound dorky, but it was a heck of a lot of fun.

Here's hoping that if you have some spontaneous fun this weekend no one catches you in the act. At least as far as you know.


What kind of improvised moves you ask? You know, like covering your eyes with the left hand and waving the index finger on your right when they sing,  "I ain't blind, it's just a matter of time."  But that's just an example. I didn't do anything like that.

At least as far as you know.

http://mithan415.hubpages.com/hub/Storing-Gold-In-Your-Home

No comments:

Post a Comment