Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It is the Best

No matter how crabby I am, no matter how poorly I've slept, no matter how much I may be dreading the workday, all of that melts away when I slowly open my daughter's bedroom door in the morning. I could have been cursing the clock twenty seconds earlier, but I'll find myself smiling and whispering in a higher octave as soon as I turn that doorknob.

Sometimes Charlotte's already awake, chattering away to her stuffed menagerie, and she'll say "Daddy!" and point at me while I peak around the opening bedroom door. It's very cool.

What's better yet is finding her lying on her tucked in arms with her butt sticking up in the air. I get to rub her back and say things like, "Hey there, Big Girl. It's time to get up..." Watching her transform from a silent, little lump of pajamas into a smiling, dancing girl is quite a sight to behold. 



Some days I know this will be the best moment of my day, but at least I had a best moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment