Thursday, March 29, 2012


At the sound of good music, I'll sing or I'll dance


About a month ago the three of us were coming home from a short shopping trip, and Charlotte had had enough of being trapped in shopping carts and her car seat. The iPod full of children's songs wasn't cutting it anymore, and every book handed to her was thrown overboard, "No, No, No, No, No!" A meltdown seemed imminent. 

Luckily, I'd been recently previewing some St. Patrick's Day music in my car, and I had a hunch that the little girl who likes the banjo and bluegrass music might also like the "sing along style" of Irish drinking songs. So I hit play.

After a few seconds Charlotte started clapping her hands and kicking her chubby legs. Daphne was a bit bewildered by my music choice, but could see how much Charlotte was enjoying herself, "Have you two listened to this before?"

"No, I was just guessing she might like it."

Daphne then leaned back between the front seats to talk to Char, "Okay, we'll play this for you. But as soon as you say the word 'pint', we shut this off."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJhbFu78kqQ

No comments:

Post a Comment