Monday, December 2, 2019

One Daddy/Daughter Tradition

Over the years, Daphne and Charlotte have spent many hours decorating the house for the Christmas season. It is their favorite holiday, and Char has been telling me for years, "I'm a Christmas girl, Dad."

I sometimes help carry boxes of ornaments up and down the basement stairs, but for the most part I stay out of their way. The decorations are their thing.

Here's Char in 2013. It was our first Christmas in our new house.


I really only share one Christmas tradition with Charlotte. She and I have been watching the same Christmas program together since she was born.

It was playing in the background when she was four months old.


She was two years old before she could sit still and watch most of its 27 minutes.


Disney's "Sing Along Songs: Very Merry Christmas Songs" is one of the few reasons I still have a VCR.


It is 13 Christmas songs set to vintage Disney animation. This is a VHS tape from 1988, and "Here Comes Santa Claus" takes place at the Disneyland Christmas Parade. The 80's fashions are also fun. 


Sure, this program might be on DVD in an "improved" version, but that one has new songs, new narration, and different song transitions. It doesn't have the VHS tape's charm. 

Here's a YouTube link to see what we will be watching in the basement together: Very Merry Christmas Songs. I like reading the comments below the video. There's a lot of people out there who enjoy watching this program. 

I know one Christmas girl who is going to watch it with me this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment