Wednesday, December 18, 2019

M is for Manger

We were plenty busy last weekend. We had the Cookie Walk at our church on Saturday morning. Both Grandmas came along.


Daphne and Charlotte had the Christmas Program rehearsal at church at noon, and in the afternoon the ladies made kringla. Grandma Betty is on the left, and Grandma Maureen is on the right.


On Sunday it was program time. I try to capture as much of the action as I can for Daphne. She teaches Sunday School, and she knows the program backwards and forwards, but she never gets to see it from her spot at the piano.


Charlotte played a piano piece before the church service began. She stumbled, but recovered nicely. I'm proud of that.


No one looked too nervous back stage.


The program opened with Charlotte as the first narrator.


That wasn't her only part.



I thought the kids did a great job with the boomwhackers. Actually, the teachers did a great job of getting them to practice for this performance.


Char asked me later, "How long was that whacker part, Dad?"
"About 30 seconds," I replied.
"Thirty seconds? We worked on that for six weeks! I can't believe we worked that long for 30 seconds."

They played bells, too.


I even got a couple of smiles this year.



Daphne loves these hats.


I'll finish this post with a song.



This year's Christmas program at church certainly wasn't like 2013. This year it went well.
We've come a long ways since then. --> link 

No comments:

Post a Comment