Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Adventureland '18: Old and New

Adventureland opened for the season last Saturday. This is our third year to get season passes from Santa, and Char was excited to get on some of her favorite rides again.

Riding the Lady Luck never gets old for Charlotte, "If the Lady Luck was the only ride at Adventureland, I would still want to come here."


The Himalaya is also a good time.


For the record, I rode the Scrambler with Charlotte, but there is no photo evidence.

Our problem is that Char is too old for the kiddie rides, and Daphne and I are too old to ride on spinning rides all day long. We would all have more fun if Charlotte wasn't intimated by the coasters, but for now, she won't have anything to do with them. I predict that will change this year.

The park is upping their culinary game with some new food items. That was a surprise.


A Funnel Cake Bacon Cheeseburger? Yes, please.

When you order the Funnel Cake Bacon Cheeseburger, they make you carry a sign as punishment. It's the food equivalent of a dunce hat.


I think I ordered this meal too soon into the season. The funnel cake was burned in several spots. I'm chalking that up to opening day inexperience. 


This was also really hard to eat. That plastic fork was worthless. You had to either picked it apart with your fingers, or you had to lower your mouth down to eat it over the paper boat. 

As for taste, the hamburger patty was the best thing about this. Next time I'll just order a regular burger. Still, points go to Adventureland points for being creative and offering something new.

I'll be thinking about bacon next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment